Sunday 30 December 2012

City Scape


One thing I learned while painting the image for the previous post was that it was just plain boring looking. After some looking around I think it's because there wasn't really a whole lot of dynamic or focus. I tried to get a lot more of that in this painting. It comes from generally the same idea, it's just a different view of that city. So still a lot of inspiration from buildings found in Venice Italy.

My plan is to keep improving on this, I think it's a fight between creativity and the skill of painting in itself. It's hard to do both at the same time, so hopefully my paintings will become more solid and less boring on a nice upward plane as I go.

 Again the goal is the get the nice look scene in concept art from games like Mass Effect, I think I still have a ways to go on the polish, but like I said before, I think I'm on the right path to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment